Designation/Role: Senior Android Developer
Work Experience Required: 4 - 8 years’ relevant experience
Qualification Required: Computer Science & Engineering from a Premier (Tier-1) Institute
Work Location: Abu Dhabi (UAE)
Role Type: Individual Contributor (hands-on) role
Job Description: -
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits and will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications.
Job Requirements: -
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience
- Proven working experience in Android development
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME)
- Excellent knowledge of Android SDK
- Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system
- Excellent working knowledge of Eclipse
- Strong understanding of mobile UI guidelines and best practices
- Experience developing and distributing applications via enterprise channels or public app stores
- Excellent knowledge of working with dynamic data (e.g., JSON, XML, AMF) through various interface types (e.g., REST, SOAP)
Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Work with outside data sources and API’s
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize
- Familiar with Core Java and database technologies and basics of Android as well as
Android Store app development
- HTML5 and CSS3, JAVA Script, XML
- Familiar with Android SDK,
- A basic understanding of layouts and views
- Activities and their lifecycle
- User input
- Getting data from the web
- Storing data
- Collection views (like ListViews) and Adapters (default and custom)
- Action Bar
- Accommodating different screen sizes and densities
- Experience in using testing and conformance frameworks for AndroidOS
- Experience using Web Services and Data parsing using XML, JSON etc.
- Must have done end to end mobile app development for a real world application
- Software engineer with good analytical skills and verbal as well as written
- Strong individual contributor who can work independently as well as in a high energy